Monday, May 16, 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

it's back to work I go.  I've had a wonderful three weeks at home with my little boy.  It's been so nice to pretend to be a stay at home mom and chip away at the massive list of things I need to do around my house.

Of course I didn't get as much done as I thought I would (I never do).  I have a lot of projects that are half finished and some projects that didn't even get touched and are going to be put off even later.

Over a week ago I hinted at a few things that I was working on.  Here are two (of four) that actually got finished.

My husband painted the hand rail going up the stairs from our living room.  I literally sat on the couch and he did the whole thing.  It was awesome.  Definitely the best DIY experience of the last three weeks.




We (I helped this time) also got our powder room painted.  Neither of those pictures is any good, because it's basically a black hole with no natural light. 



This one is a bit better.  We changed out the towel bar from a builder-grade ring towel holder to a slightly better $7 brushed nickel bar from HomeGoods.  The mirror is something we had sitting around.  We bought it for $15 at a flea market years ago.  The powder room may not be its permanent home, but it definitely looks better than the oval beveled mirror. 

I need to come up with a plan for accessories and possibly new hardware.  Even though I'm not set one the mirror or towel bar, I love the color we chose.  It's Sherwin Williams Hazel and it's a little less aqua than it looks in the pictures and a lot more like the color in the curtains in our living room.

Since I'm going back to work, posts may get a little sporadic.  I'm going to try to do at least 3 per week.

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Bowl Birdbath said...

Stunning job on your bathroom. And I definitely appreciate all the hardwork you put into painting your banister ;-) now if I can just figure out how to get my hubby to do some little painting jobs around the house that need to be done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...