Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wanted: 3 Ugly Mini Lamp Shades

I know!  The lampshade pictured above is soooo ugly, but I'm planning on covering it with fabric.  The problem is that I can only find two of the five that I already own.  Those missing shades are the only thing holding up this little chandelier project now.  There were a lot more hold ups, but I'll spare you most of the boring details and just say that I've had to make two trips to Lowe's and a can of spray paint back-fired and then broke on me and I've been walking around with little black splatters all over me me for two days.

I've also spent more money than I had planned, but I haven't broken my rule and dipped into our checking account.  I spent $10 of my store credit at Jo Ann for a can of spray paint and fabric to cover the shades, and I sold a pair of candle holders and used that $10 to buy parts that I needed to hang the chandelier. 


I've spent $20 and I really don't want to spend another $25 on five new shades.  I'm afraid that during one of my organizing/purging frenzies, I threw out three of the mini lampshades.  I got them at Michael's years ago, but I checked yesterday and they didn't have them.  If you've seen these shades or shades that are very similar for about $5 a pop please let me know.  I'd love to only have to buy three instead of five if I absolutely can't find the ones that are missing.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I actually found five of them at the Dollar Store several years ago. Of course, that doesn't mean they would still have them. Good luck!

Aaron said...

Great tip! I'll have to check it out.

Andrea @ Decorating Cents said...

Check Old Time Pottery if you have one near you. They have the small shades for $1 a piece.

Aaron said...

Another great tip! We don't have an Old Time Pottery, but we do have a store that's similar and I hadn't thought to look there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...