Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Crazy Pregnant Lady...



....that's me!  What did I get myself into with these stripes?  I had a plan...a very well thought-out plan, and I still found a way to do things the hardest way possible.

Long story short:  In an effort to not spend $20 more on white paint (I had enough for the white stripes, but not to coat the entire room) I went ahead and measured and taped my walls with just a coat of primer on them.  Then I thought it would be a good idea to add just a touch of brown to my white paint to make it not so stark.  Well, I spilled way more brown into my white paint than I meant to and ruined it.

SOOOO....not only did I have to spend more money on more paint, but I'm also going to be spending more time re-taping so I can paint my white stripes.  I'm a  DIY genius!

I just keep telling myself that I'm over half-way finished.  Also, we didn't get to Ikea this weekend so I have plenty of time to get these walls done before I have to worry about moving any furniture in.

Plus, anything is an improvement when compared to the state of the room just a few weeks ago:


2 comments:

renae said...

that's me, your newest follower. i joined here about 10 days ago, but my link was faulty...but I fixed it and we are fine, now. Your thrift haven is great. I love many of your ideas.

Mary said...

Hi Aaron, It's nice to see you are doing the normal things crazy pregnant ladies do..paint to beautify you nest. I am new, my sis invited me, she is (renae) simple sequins..when we find great blogs, we each get in on the act. Thanks. and I'll see you soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...